As a teacher who has been working hard on YourMove for a couple of years now, it was a welcome relief to finally take a YourMove teacher relief day today to help with some of the load that is otherwise picked up in personal time out of normal work hours. I would highly encourage any other YourMove Champions to use these days to avoid burnout that may lead to reducing engagement levels with the YourMove program. Thanks to YourMove and the DOT for acknowledging the workload carried by YourMove Champions by providing these days!
In my YourMove day I was able to...
- Prepare spreadsheets for next term's Active Transport Championship
- Prepare a template letter for teachers to use to inform parents about "freewheeling time" when their class wins one
- Create posts to the school's facebook page about an upcoming ride to school breakfast, as well as information about and some photos of a recent freewheeling session
- Create a YourMove story about our "freewheeling hour" reward
- Start work on the course booklet and online module for the upcoming "Teacher Accreditation Course: Cycling" that I will be doing the practical session for during the school holidays
This story is related to Schedule a regular planning session (2)
Discuss this story
1 CommentsPlease login to comment