Everyone can agree that 2020 was a bit of a strange year. Regardless, we feel like we still managed to achieve a bit!
- Youth in Bullsbrook celebrated Ride to School Day by using the City’s Bike Blender to whip up some delicious smoothies and received some YourMove goodies as well
- We are up to 11 people who are inducted in the use of the eBike at Admin – a staff member even used the eBike to inspect a road that wasn’t open for cars yet, smart!
- We tested a few common routes staff might take from the Admin building in order to compare travel time riding the eBike with driving – the results were surprising, with some destinations being pretty much the same and, one or two actually being quicker to cycle, if you count the time needed to adjust the car/eBike for use and park!
- The Bike Month Challenge resulted in some friendly competition with the winner commuting to work an impressive 15 times throughout October
- A small group of dedicated staff enjoyed a ride to a local café before work to celebrate Bike Month
- Lastly, Swan Active Midland enjoyed testing out the eBike for a fortnight as part of Bike Month
- The City’s Cycle Plan was endorsed by Council so we look forward to sharing it soon
Bring on 2021!
This story is related to Promote active travel
Discuss this story
1 CommentsPlease login to comment