It was such a beautiful morning, with perfect weather for ‘National Walk Safely to School Day'!
Read more about National Walk Safely to School Day at http://www.walk.com.au/WSTSD/
Mount Lawley Primary School (MLPS) Traffic Management Group (TMG) arranged a walking event. Parents, teachers and students helped make the event successful. The following preparation and activities occured:
- MLPS registered for the event;
- The MLPS Principal promoted the event in two Connect app notices circulated in advance of the event;
- Parent volunteers created and promoted the event in two P&C Facebook messages, with one of the messages displaying a colouring in activity for the children;
- Parent volunteers organised National Walk Safely to School Day stickers to be printed;
- Parents and teachers handed out stickers to the children as they walked through the school gates. Thank you to our parents, and teachers Ms Monck and Miss Baros; and
- The walking event was reinforced during the morning's school assembly, and additional stickers were distributed to students.
MLPS community are definitely noticing a change around the school! Miss Baros said “I have noticed many more children walking to school since the weather has improved”. Jodie a parent bike rider (with her daughter Adele) mentioned “riding and walking is a lot easier than driving in congested areas. It’s also such a great way to get your daily exercise”.
This story is related to National Walk Safely to School Day
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment