This morning I had the pleasure of talking at Assembly about our YM Team. I started by saying that I had had the privilege of working with some special young people who comprised the YM Team. Following is part of that presentation:
It has been another wonderful year of wonderful ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Our EOY H-U was 53% Active Transport, that means more than HALF of you were using AT to come to school.
- The Team achieved Double Platinum by week 4 of Term 4 (the first & only school to do so this year)
- The Team earned 500 points to fund 2 classes attending the Constable Care Safety School facility in Maylands. Then, by unlocking a Schools Connecting Grant, 2 more classes were also able to attend at NO cost to the school or parents. I'd like to thank Ms Riley for completing the paperwork required for the Grant.
- The Team was a presenting school at the first ever CoR/YM Showcase.
- Beside this, the Team ran Star Cards, presented each fortnight at Assembly & assisted with AT events throughout the year.
To say the Team has been BUSY is an understatement, but I am told it has also been FUN! And that is the case for Ms Riley & me, too.
THANK YOU, Team, for a fabulous year. It has been an honour & privilege to work with you.
We would now like to acknowledge our Team by presenting the 2019 YM Certificates.
Above, our 2019 YM Team, after the Assembly.
We wish these amazing young people well in their future endeavours. Some embark on high school next year, others will complete Year 6 in 2020. Whatever they do & wherever they go, we wish them the very best.
This story is related to Include Your Move as a Assembly item - Term four
Discuss this story
3 CommentsPlease login to comment