I love this time of year when I get to tell everyone about some amazing young people & their efforts to make our school safer & more active. I am talking about the Your Move Team.
It has been another year (the 8th actually) of wonderful ACHIEVEMENTS:
- The Team achieved Double Platinum by the end of Term 2 (earlier than the goal which was set!) DP =1500 points. Currently the Team has achieved a whopping 2636 points.
- Besides this, the Team ran Star Cards, presented at Assembly & assisted with Active Travel events, campaigns & class competitions throughout the year.
- The Team attended a Leadership Lab facilitated by Millienium Kids in June. Here the Team pitched a plan which was awarded the best presentation by their peers. The just reward was a ride on the RAC Intellibus & a visit to the Old Mill in South Perth. True to the YM ethos, public transport was used to get there.
- The Team also worked in collaboration with the P&C to get a Walking School Bus up & running. To this end trial WSBs were run on our WalknWheel 2School Day. All that we need NOW is for parents to step up to make this a reality.
- The Team achieved sufficient points to fund 4 classes attending the Constable Care Safety School in Maylands (that's over $1 000.) On the second excursion, the Team attended to assist teachers with their classes. And yes we loved reading your Thank You letters. It was the icing on the cake!
- Because of our DP accreditation, we were eligible for a Connecting Schools Grant. Ms Riley was on the phone within seconds of the CSGs opening & was able to secure funding for the refurbishment of the bike track in the Kindy area. This is now a work in progress.
Some mighty achievements. Well done, Team. Thank you, Team, for a fabulous & inspirational year. It has been an honour & privilege to work with you. Ms Riley & I would now like to acknowledge our Team by presenting the 2021 YM Certificates.
This was the piece I had the pleasure of presenting to the school community at today's assembly. After the presentation of certificates, we also announced the 2022 Team & presented badges & shirts but that is another story (in 2022!)
More stories from Warnbro Primary School
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment
James (Your Move)
What a team! I think you have just written a case study for us Arlene - you have really nicely illustrated what can be acheived in YM if you have the right team, and enthusiastic champ and a supportive school and local government. Thanks so much for all your efforts this year and particularly for your mentoring of other champs. You have earned 30 points for all the details in this reflection on the year.Report comment
Another successful year for the team. Thank you for all your assistance Arlene. Looking forward to working with you in 2022.Report comment