The Team has started getting ready for next term's class competition: Race Around the World (a variation of Race Around Australia). We decided to go for a little "change" to hopefully boost interest in competing!
This is how it will go:
- maps distributed to classes today with covering note.
- maps to be returned by the end of next week (Friday 25th June) in readiness for a quick start Week 1 of T3. We are anticipating some great embellishments to the maps as the response last year was fantastic.
- Week 1 of T3 start counting off the "steps" according to our HU data collected each Toesday. This will be a task carried out by the Team at each YM session.
- all maps will be on display so students can check their whereabouts in the world by perusing the window.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd placegetters will receive class prize baskets & certificates.
- early next term the Team will make some estimations on classes & timeframes for places. We will wait a couple of weeks to see if there appear to be any trends before coming up with some ideas.
The Team runs this activity in Term 3 to try & boost AT in what is usually wetter weather where some are a more reluctant to don a raincoat & get out & about!
This story is related to Inter-Class Competition for Term Three (1)
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment