The Team has started getting ready for next term's class competition: Race Around the World (a variation of Race Around Australia). We decided to go for a little "change" to hopefully boost interest in competing!
This is how it will go:
- maps distributed to classes today with covering note.
- maps to be returned by the end of next week (Friday 25th June) in readiness for a quick start Week 1 of T3. We are anticipating some great embellishments to the maps as the response last year was fantastic.
- Week 1 of T3 start counting off the "steps" according to our HU data collected each Toesday. This will be a task carried out by the Team at each YM session.
- all maps will be on display so students can check their whereabouts in the world by perusing the window.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd placegetters will receive class prize baskets & certificates.
- early next term the Team will make some estimations on classes & timeframes for places. We will wait a couple of weeks to see if there appear to be any trends before coming up with some ideas.
The Team runs this activity in Term 3 to try & boost AT in what is usually wetter weather where some are a more reluctant to don a raincoat & get out & about!
This story is related to Inter-Class Competition for Term Three (1)
More stories from Warnbro Primary School
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment
James (Your Move)
I love it Arlene 😍! Thanks for sharing your upcoming Race Around the World. First Australia, then the world, next the Milky Way? It seems a great way to keep spirits high during the rainy season. You have earned 60 points for your challenge, plus 20 points for really explaining it in super detail.Report comment
Yes, James, next we are thinking about reaching for the stars! So 2022 may just be Race Around the Universe! Actually it was Bett who came up with the idea of a little change... then we pitched it to the Team who were as always enthusiastic. Bett source the map, I put together the covering note & the Team distributed to classes. Teamwork in action!Report comment