Yesterday’s committee meeting was a little different. After recapping Bike Month, discussing the disappointing survey results and talking about the Platinum grant and what we will be getting, I had students do a graffiti activity.
As this committee are all Year 6 and will be heading off to high school next year, I wanted to know a few things. Large sheets of paper were set up around the room with markers and the following questions:
1. The best thing about being on the Your Move Committee is …
2. You should join the Your Move Committee because …
3. Ideas for future events / competitions / activities / changes
4. Questions I should ask when selecting the next committee.
5. Advice to the next committee.
The results were interesting and will help me to form and cultivate a committee that are motivated, innovative and dedicated. Also, future committees will be mixed year levels so that when the Year 6 students on the committee leave, the remaining year levels can train the incoming members.
There will be lots of planning going on during school holidays to ensure next year’s Your Move Committee are as good as this year’s.
This story is related to Organise regular team meetings - Term 4For more information on how to do this, click here
Discuss this story
4 CommentsPlease login to comment