The Your Move Student Team met this week to discuss how we were going to get to Double Platinum. That is our goal so that we can complete the shelters over our bike racks. I was so impressed with the ideas that my team came up with!! And better yet, they can do the majority of the work with very little for me to do.
Ideas on the agenda were:
1. Design a Your Move poster competition. Not for a special event just a YM poster that can be kept up around the school always.
2. In Week 10, hand out raffle tickets for students who choose fume friendly travel. On Friday morning draw out 3 tickets to receive a canteen voucher.
3. Also in Week 10, Miss Calvert and Mr McKay (both recently having completed the Bike Instructor Course) will run an event on the oval - this is the one that I have to do work for!
4. Term 3 we will start Move it Mondays! Promotion to begin this Term.
5. Apply for a Bike Month grant (another one I have to work for!) and hold a school community BBQ and Dress Up Your Bike Competition.
6. This is How we Roll at Winterfold! Promotion. This will start with staff taking a photo over holidays of them on their fume friendly transport and then we will ask the school community to join in. It is planned to make a mural of all the photos somewhere.
One of our student team, Oscar, was given the task to speak to the Principal about these ideas. She is an avid support of Your Move which makes all these events much easier. She even added a few ideas of her own! Permission was granted for all events and another team meeting will be held next week!
This story is related to Organise regular team meetings - Term 2 (2)For more information on how to do this, click here
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment