Please try again later.
Now in its 23rd year, National Walk Safely to School Day (WSTSD) is an annual event when all Primary School children will be encouraged to walk and commute safely to school. It is a Community Event seeking to promote Road Safety, Health, Public Transport and the Environment.
All information can found at: walk.com.au
The event will be held throughout Australia on Friday 20 May 2022
The objectives of WSTSD are:
- To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary school age children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour.
- To promote the health benefits of walking and help create regular walking habits at an early age.
- To ensure that children up to 10 years old hold an adult's hand when crossing the road.
- To help children develop the vital road-crossing skills they will need as they become mature pedestrians.
- To reduce the car dependency habits that are being created at an early age and which will be difficult to change as children become adults.
- To promote the use of Public Transport.
- To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles.
- To reduce the level of traffic congestion.